Port Hope Criminal Lawyers
Meeting Place in Port Hope
Request A Free Consultation
in Port Hope
Did you get charged with a DUI offence like impaired or over 80 while in Port Hope? Or, with any other criminal offence for that matter? It is important not to delay getting criminal advice in these situations. Call Dan Lemaire, criminal lawyer with the law firm of Aitken Robertson, for a free 30-minute consultation and you’ll get some straightforward information about your case, including possible outcomes, as well as a fee quote that you can rely on. Dan practises criminal law in the Peterborough and Port Hope areas and he knows the local courts. And, if you retain Dan, you get the benefit of the shared legal experience of the whole team of Aitken Robertson criminal lawyers. If you have been charged with a drinking and driving offence, it is good to know that some of the lawyers at Aitken Robertson are trained “Breath Techs,” which means that they are particularly knowledgeable about the proper operation of the breath testing instruments used by police in drinking and driving cases.
Aitken Robertson offers flexible weekend and evening hours, and reasonable payments plans with no interest. The lawyers of Aitken Robertson will not bill you for minor disbursements like photocopies and postage and do not bill clients for mileage or other travel expenses.
If you hire Dan, he will carefully and thoroughly examine the evidence for your case and then will determine if there may be grounds to have your charges dismissed or reduced, for example if he finds that there has been a violation of your rights guaranteed under the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms. Having the benefit of the combined knowledge and experience of Dan and the rest of the Aitken Robertson team can mean the difference between: having the charges dropped or going to trial; being convicted or being acquitted; a poor plea bargain or a favourable one.
Dan and the rest of the Aitken Robertson lawyers are available to review your case at one of the firm’s convenient offices or meeting places in the areas of Port Hope, Cobourg, Peterborough, Lindsay, Kawartha Lakes, Oshawa and throughout southern Ontario. Or, if you prefer, the free consultation can take place by phone. You can call toll-free: 1-800-668-1657.
Charges We Can Help You With
- Impaired Driving: including operate motor vehicle over 80, impaired operation of a motor vehicle, refuse or fail to provide a breath sample, impaired by drugs, impaired operation of a vessel, drinking & driving.
- Other Driving Offences: including dangerous driving, criminal negligence in the operation of a motor vehicle, drive prohibited, driving while suspended, stunt driving, careless driving, speeding, driving without insurance.
- Domestic Assault: including peace bonds, breach of recognizance, threatening charges.
Sex Assault: including rape, aggravated sexual assault, sexual touching, sexual exploitation.
- Criminal Harassment: including stalking charges.
- Bail Hearings: including acting as a surety, bail estreatment, bail hearings for all criminal and drug charges, bail appeals (reviews).
- Young Offenders: including all criminal, drug, and traffic charges, diversion, extra judicial sanctions.
- Drug Offences: including possession, trafficking, possession for the purpose, cultivation, production, importing.
- Theft: including theft over, theft under, shoplifting, diversion of charges.
- Frauds: including fraud over, fraud under, white collar crime, diversion of charges.
- Mischief: including mischief under and mischief over, mischief endangering life.
- Criminal Appeals: appeals against verdict, appeals against sentence.
Directions to the Port Hope and area Courthouses
Please click the link and find the map of the Court you need, as well as actual photos of the courthouse you are looking for.
- Ontario Court of Justice Port Hope – Town Hall 56 Queen Street 905-372 3751
- Ontario Court of Justice Cobourg – 860 William Street 905-372 3751
- Ontario Court of Justice Peterborough – 70 Simcoe Street 705- 876 3846
- Superior Court of Justice Peterborough – 70 Simcoe Street 705- 876 3816
- Criminal Youth Court Peterborough – 70 Simcoe Street 705- 876 3846
- Ontario Court of Justice Brighton – 35 Alice Street 905-372 3751