Aitken Roberston Criminal Law Office in Peterborough
Our team of criminal lawyers at Aitken Robertson represents clients charged in Peterborough, Cobourg, Port Hope, Brighton, Lindsay (City of Kawartha Lakes) and Minden. Our criminal lawyers are available to review your case at our conveniently located office in Peterborough as well as at locations throughout Ontario. We offer a free initial consultation, flexible weekend and evening hours, and reasonable payments plans with no interest costs. We do not bill clients for travel expenses.
After accepting your case, through careful examination of the facts, we will establish whether there are grounds to have your charges dismissed for legal or technical reasons. We will also determine if there has been a violation of your rights guaranteed under the Canadian Charter of Rights & Freedoms. A thorough investigation can mean the difference between: having the charges dropped or going to trial; receiving a guilty verdict or a not-guilty verdict; a poor plea bargain or a favourable one.
Some of our lawyers are trained Breath Techs, which allows great insight into the proper operation of breath testing instruments in drinking and driving cases.
Charges We Can Help You With From Our Peterborough Criminal Law Office
- Impaired Driving: including operate motor vehicle over 80, impaired operation of a motor vehicle, refuse or fail to provide a breath sample, impaired by drugs, impaired operation of a vessel, drinking & driving.
- Other Driving Offences: including dangerous driving, criminal negligence in the operation of a motor vehicle, drive prohibited, driving while suspended, stunt driving, careless driving, speeding, driving without insurance.
- Domestic Assault: including peace bonds, breach of recognizance, threatening charges.
Sex Assault: including rape, aggravated sexual assault, sexual touching, sexual exploitation.
- Criminal Harassment: including stalking charges.
- Bail Hearings: including acting as a surety, bail estreatment, bail hearings for all criminal and drug charges, bail appeals (reviews).
- Young Offenders: including all criminal, drug, and traffic charges, diversion, extra judicial sanctions.
- Drug Offences: including possession, trafficking, possession for the purpose, cultivation, production, importing.
- Theft: including theft over, theft under, shoplifting, diversion of charges.
- Frauds: including fraud over, fraud under, white collar crime, diversion of charges.
- Mischief: including mischief under and mischief over, mischief endangering life.
- Criminal Appeals: appeals against verdict, appeals against sentence.