Nasif Abdullah is an associate with Aitken Robertson Professional Corporation. Nasif was called to the bar in 2018 after completing articling with Richard Aitken. He attended the University of Toronto for his undergraduate studies prior to obtaining his law degree (LL.B) from the University of Buckingham in the UK. During law school Nasif routinely wrote for the Law Review, was the head of Advocacy, won several negotiations and mooting competitions as well as awards for model UN conference (International Criminal Tribunal) and represented his university at the ICT in Hague, Netherlands. Prior to law school, Nasif had worked in biomedical research, focusing on cardiovascular research at the University Health Network (Toronto).
Nasif practices in all areas of criminal law with a focus on DUI law and while typically handling matters in Durham Region he continues to represent clients throughout the Greater Toronto Area. During his time at Aitken Robertson, Nasif has gained extensive experience in defending clients charged with DUI offences as well as drug-related offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Other common areas of practice include:
- property related offences; theft, robbery, break & enter, arson
- fraud, money laundering, forgery, false pretense, extortion
- assault, domestic, aggravated assault, assault with weapons, as well as some sexual offences
- mischief, breach, criminal harassment, obstruction of justice
Nasif has attended dedicated courses in DUI law along with the Aitken Robertson team. These courses include:
- Operation of the Intoxilyzer 8000C, New Orleans, LA.
- Scientific evidence in Breath Test Cases, Montreal, QC.
- Drug Recognition Evaluation (DRE), & Standard Field Sobriety Test (SFST) course, Vancouver, BC.
Associations & Memberships
- The Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Durham Region Law Association
- Criminal Lawyers’ Association of Ontario