Old City Hall Court House Phone and Fax Numbers
Useful Information About The Old City Hall Courthouse
At The Old City Hall Courthouse
Fun Facts About Old City Hall (Toronto)
- Old City Hall first opened its doors in 1899, it was originally constructed to serve as Toronto’s third city hall.
- When it opened, Old City Hall was the largest municipal building in North America.
- Old City Hall was declared a National Historic Site by the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada in 1989.
- The building is sometimes used to film movies and television shows, such as This is Wonderland, Flashpoint, Street Legal, Covert Affairs, and Dirty Pictures. Interiors of the space can be seen in the trial scenes near the end of the 1999 film The Boondock Saints.
- The clock tower soars 300 feet into the air, it is home to a gigantic bell known as “Big Ben”, which weighs in at more than 11,000 pounds.
- Its architect, E.J. Lennox, is often called “the Builder of Toronto”.